1. Who are we?
2. Who can you contact for privacy questions or concerns?
If you believe that BMMI Group has not adhered to this policy, please contact us through: https://www.bmmigroup.com/contact-us/ and if you have any concerns regarding the processing of your personal data, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Data Protection Supervisor (DPS): Ms. Zaina Al-Alaiwat using the below contact details:
Email Address: dps@BMMI.com.bh
Contact Number: +973 17746119
BMMI Tower, Building 1006, Road 2813,
Block 428, Seef District, Kingdom of Bahrain
3. How do we collect personal data?
The BMMI Shops platform collects your data:
Directly: We collect personal data directly from customer in different ways. Mainly, this is done through customer registration, newsletter subscription and online surveys.
Indirectly: When you visit our platform, we may collect information about your computer/device and browser for system administration purposes and to provide a better customer experience. This statistical data does not personally identify customers.
BMMI Shops also uses Google Analytics. More information about how Google Analytics is used by BMMI Shops can be found here: https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html
4. What categories of personal data do we collect?
Personal Data: Personally, identifiable information such as: name, address, telephone number and email address. We may also collect anonymous information such as your title, age, gender, postal or ZIP code, interests, or favourite products.
Browser Data: Information about customer computer/device including where available, the IP address, operating system, and browser type as well as data related to, visits to our website including, traffic data, browsing actions and patterns, weblogs and other communication data.
Transactional Data: Transactional data such as order history and cart details (products), whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise to check the resources that you access.
Location Data: we collect location data when customer allow and when they attempt to create a new address.
5. Why do we need personal data?
The BMMI Shops website collects and uses your information to deliver the services that you have requested, and to maintain service quality. If you provide information when filling in forms available on our website (e.g. Contact Us form or Feedback form) (including information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to any of our services, posting material or requesting further services), we may keep a record of that correspondence. We will not collect your personal information unless you choose to use and receive online services that require it. Contact information you provide is used to notify you of new products and services, or to communicate news. The BMMI Shops platform will not send you emails, including newsletters, promotional information, and events, without your prior consent provided by registering on our website. All electronic communications with you includes an easy option to 'unsubscribe'.
6. Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with our parent company and ultimate holding company, and their subsidiaries. We also may share it with third parties if we:
1. are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation (auditors).
3. have to protect the rights, property, or safety of BMMI Shops, our customers, or others.
4. sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which helps us to improve our platform and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. No personally identifiable information is stored on the cookie. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, if you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to access certain parts of this website and fully experience the interactive features of the BMMI Shops website.
8. Retention period of your personal information
BMMI Shops keeps your personal data to fulfil its intended purposes, and historical archiving. We securely destroy and erase or anonymise your personal data to ensure that it cannot be restored after exceeding the specified retention period.
9. What are your data protection rights?
You have the right to request BMMI Shops:
1. grant you access to your personal data held by BMMI Shops
2. to amend your data when it is inaccurate or incomplete
3. to remove your data when:
1. the purpose for which your data has been collected is no longer valid;
2. your personal data is processed in an unlawful basis;
3. the deletion is necessary for compliance with the law; or
4. your data is inaccurate;
4. to block or restrict further processing of your personal data
5. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time to processing or transferring your personal data for specific reasons
6. You have the right to submit a complaint when your personal data is being used for the purpose of direct marketing and for the purpose of automated decision-based processing, including profiling, where such processing may have legal ramifications or significantly affect your rights.
BMMI Shops have the right to reject your request. BMMI Shops will inform you within 15 days of receiving the request on whether the request has been accepted or rejected and will provide an explanation if rejected. In case your request is incomplete, BMMI Shops will inform you within 10 days if any documents are missing to complete your request. Furthermore, you have the right to lodge a complaint to Bahrain’s Personal Data Protection Authority. As part of the personal data security measures, BMMI Shops may request you to provide specific information in order to confirm your identity and to ensure that your personal data is not disclosed to any personnel who does not have the right to have it.
10. Links to other third-party websites
The BMMI Shops platform does not contain links to other websites of interest. However, in case BMMI Shops consider linking to other websites, once you use these links to leave our website, you should be aware that we do not have any control over that other website and its policies.
11. What about personal data security?
More information about our Security Policy can be found here.
Last updated: 14 Aug 2022